Re: NetBSD 10.0 BETA kernel testing: framebuffer

Le Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 02:54:39PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost a écrit :
> Le Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 02:56:47PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost a écrit :
> >
> > Context: I'm testing NetBSD 10.0 BETA on an isolated node (not
> > production). Only kernel and modules (not userland); and kernel is not
> > GENERIC but a special config one matching the previous 9.2 config
> > running on the node.
> >
> > No problem so far. As a user (and as advertised), I had simply to use
> > audiocfg(1) to set the new correct default for audio in order to have
> > sound back where I used to expect it.
> >
> > The main difference is about the framebuffer: previous kernel version
> > picked the correct mode. NetBSD 10.0 does not and use "entry level"
> > mode 640x480x67, resulting streched fat big characters; message:
> >
> > no data for est. mode 640x480x67
>
> I think we are looking at the wrong place. The problem is the depth
> in the mode looked for: 67! The only depths the cards new about are
> multiple of 2^3.
>
> So where does this come from?

Replying to myself: it is not the depth, but the frequency and it comes
from sys/dev/videomode/edid.c.

Now trying to find why, at least, it does not find 640x480x60, which
exists---and 720x400x70 that exists also.
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/