NetBSD 10.0 BETA kernel testing: framebuffer

[Please feel free to redirect me to another list if this is not the
correct one for kernel beta testing]

Context: I'm testing NetBSD 10.0 BETA on an isolated node (not
production). Only kernel and modules (not userland); and kernel is not
GENERIC but a special config one matching the previous 9.2 config
running on the node.

No problem so far. As a user (and as advertised), I had simply to use
audiocfg(1) to set the new correct default for audio in order to have
sound back where I used to expect it.

The main difference is about the framebuffer: previous kernel version
picked the correct mode. NetBSD 10.0 does not and use "entry level"
mode 640x480x67, resulting streched fat big characters; message:

no data for est. mode 640x480x67

while in dmesg the framebuffer has the same dimensions as with the
9.2 kernel:

9.2:
-radeondrmkmsfb0: framebuffer at 0xffffb000aec89000, size 1600x900, depth 32, stride 6400

10.0:
+radeondrmkmsfb0: framebuffer at 0xe034d000, size 1600x900, depth 32, stride 6400

I have not updated the book blocks. Is the 10.0 kernel expecting to have
hints about the modes from the bootloader i.e. a new install would
have updated the boot blocks and I would not have seen this?

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/