Re: NetBSD 10.0 BETA kernel testing: framebuffer

On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 02:56:47PM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> no data for est. mode 640x480x67

[..]

> I have not updated the book blocks. Is the 10.0 kernel expecting to have
> hints about the modes from the bootloader i.e. a new install would
> have updated the boot blocks and I would not have seen this?

Boot blocks should be unrelated to this, but boot method (UEFI or BIOS)
may play a role (that is not fully analyzed).

We need more details, like full dmesg.

Does the kernel probe the correct display connection?

There are a few i915 PRs open that are caused by the wrong connector being
used or the proper connector not responding, so the display capabilities
can not be read, but there may be other reasons why the kernel can not
read the EDID data.

Martin