Having trouble with pseudodevice

I've been working on the Rumprun unikernel (which is based on NetBSD's rump kernels). In an attempt to enable MMIO for it, I've been trying to add a relevant pseudodevice. However, the process of adding such a device has had me somewhat confused. The intent is that the MMIO (glue) device always attaches and then based on some data it receives from the boot commandline (set by the hypervisor), it attaches VirtIO devices using MMIO.

However, after reading some relevant documentation and following some guides, I was unable to make it attach automatically by just configuration. I figured then, maybe I needed to add specific code that would cause the attachment. I tried to call config_found inside RUMP_COMPONENT(RUMP_COMPONENT_DEV_AFTERMAINBUS) to attach it to the mainbus, but this caused a panic: "kernel diagnostic assertion "!args->iattr || cfdriver_get_iattr(parent->dv_cfdriver, args->iattr)" failed, file "sys/kern/subr_autoconf.c", line 1147.

Is there something I need to do to make sure mainbus recognises the iattr I give it? Or is there a simpler way to achieve what I want? I'll admit I'm a little out of depth here, so any help is appreciated.

--
George Gkanas