Re: Any TCP VTW users?

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 10:33:31AM +0900, Ryota Ozaki wrote:

> Thank you for the report!
>
> Just curious. Does it improve performance? (or reduce CPU/memory usage?)

The Coyote Point loadbalancers couldn't survive our load testing (which
was modeled on traces of real world workloads) without it.  But Coyote
Point was bought by Fortinet and I believe the NetBSD-based firmware is
long gone.

Coyote Point did much more with the fat pointer stuff, but I don't think any
of it even got into the internal tree before they were purchased and
basically shut down.  A lot of it was actually aimed at connection placement
to improve concurrency within the stack - it is not surprising that if you
are looking at only a small fragment of it, it makes that much _harder_.

Thor