Re: [SUCCESS] Debugging/fixing a kernel stalled not crashing

On Sun, Aug 21, 2022 at 02:16:58PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> Addition (asked by Taylor R Campbell): a current GENERIC boots only
> with i915drmkms disabled.
>
> With the framebuffer stuff enabled, it does not boot, and does not even
> panic and reboot. It freezes somewhere. The same as the 9.x series.

I have a machine that randomy crash during boot since we had the Linux 5.x
DRM import. The feature is still an asset, since it supports the GPU
that was not supported before, but it suggests booting with DRM based
framebuffer is more fragile than booting without. Perhaps we need a boot
flag to disable framebuffer?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost