Debugging/fixing a kernel stalled not crashing

Context: I rent a baremetal server and try to install NetBSD on it. I
finally installed a Linux (Debian) and installed NetBSD as a dual boot.
But NetBSD doesn't come up (in case there was a
network misconfiguration, I verified that no log, no dmesg was written)
and neither does it crashes and reboots (because I use GRUB2 boot once
feature and, if it was the case, the server will go back to Debian, and
it doesn't).

I can't "see" the boot process (no IPMI for this entry level offer), but
I have at least the dmesg from Linux for the description of the machine,
and I'd like to give it a try to see if I can find the culprit and,
this being identified, manage to correct it.

In order to bisect the problem, it seems that the simplest would be
to place a cpu_reboot() at various steps to identify the culprit since,
if it reboots, I will be back to Debian and hence will know that "until
this" it is OK.

Questions:

1) Is src/sys/kern/init_main.c the correct file to start the bisection
with?

2) Starting at what stage a problem would almost for sure cause a
reboot (DDB_ONPANIC being unset) so that I can know that the problem
is very likely before? I would then try perhaps to start back, from
this point;

3) Are there places where cpu_reboot() may leave the hardware in such a
state that a soft reset will perhaps not bring the machine back
allowing the boot sequence to succeed (or is cpu_reboot() immuned
from this)?

TIA,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/