Re: Emulating linux timer.. syscalls

Hello again,
     I wish if there something open i can help with.
If it is. Could you recommend it.
I have 7 months before my graduation, so given that i have other studies can you recommend something doable in 5 months and around 20 hour a week.

Thanks
       Mohamed

في الخميس، ٢٥ نوفمبر، ٢٠٢١ ١٠:٤٨ ص Stephen Borrill <sborrill%netbsd.org@localhost> كتب:
On 24/11/2021 21:50, Mohamed Atef wrote:
> Hello there,
>      I am a computer systems engineering student in my final year, i'd
> like to contribute to your community (Hint: I don't care about GSoC).
> I am interested in operating Systems, runtime systems, and compilers.
> I have strong C knowledge, C++, Data structures and algorithms, I am
> familiar with assembly (x86_x64, MIPs ).
> I am willing to start with easy projects and then develop myself to be
> able to bigger ones.
> I saw that one and it seems good to start with.
> I will install NetBsd on VMWare and try to get familiar with pkgsrc.
> Could you tell me please how to get the pre knowledge required for it?
> I wish to hear from you soon

That sounds great, but I believe thorpej@ has already done most of the
work already to implement these natively:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2021/08/05/msg027586.html

This means the emulation part is (or will be) just a thin shin rather
than emulation.

I'm not sure of its current state, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jason
would be happy for some help, especially with the ATF testing - perhaps
also with a view to how the Linux emulation may be tested.

--
Stephen