Re: kaveri_mec2.bin file missing

Hello All,

Finally... I was able to enable and use my Kaveri device
(0x1002/0x1309), at the end. It is using the external monitor and is
using the correct 1440x900 resolution. This is very nice.

There is one thing that I would like to ask.

There is a "CONFIG_ACPI" definition that is being used in the
radeon_bios file. I looked for this definition in the sources and
found that "sys/external/bsd/drm2/dist/drm/i915/i915_drv.h" has this
definition (that is the only place).

I wanted to copy or do something similar in the radeon driver. But I
was not sure. Then I checked at runtime definitions CONFIG_ACPI and
NACPICA (as used in the i915 driver). The NACPICA has a value and is >
0. And CONFIG_ACPI is not defined, as seen below.

      [    10.911949] kern info: [drm] CONFIG_ACPI not set
      [    10.920577] kern info: [drm] NACPICA > 0

Do you have any ideas on why CONFIG_ACPI is not defined in radeon?
(Maybe this is not the correct place to ask this question).

If I were to submit patches, how can I submit these, where?

Best Regards,
Riza Dindir