Re: kaveri_mec2.bin file missing

Riza Dindir <riza.dindir%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>I have put the two files listed above (by RVP) to the
>"src/sys/dev/microcode/radeon/" directory. I also changed the
>configuration to only include the radeon device that is the
>0x1002/0x1309 Kaveri device. Did add the KAVERI_mec2.bin to the
>MODULE_FIRMWARE definitions in the radeon_cik.c file (since this was
>missing). But this failed to load the microcode. It does fail in the
>function "cik_init_microcode".
>
>I have put these bin files into "src/sys/dev/microcode/radeon/". Isn't
>this the correct path to put these bin files in?

It is the correct source directory for Radeon microcode files, unless
you have added something to the Makefile they won't get copied to
the destination directory which is /libdata/firmware/radeon.

You could just copy files from the linux-firmware tree to
/libdata/firmware/radeon to test things.

>Are the file names in this directory case-sensitive? Although in the
>"src/sys/dev/microcode/radeon/" directory all the bin files begin with
>capital letters (KAVERI_mec.bin for instance).

The filenames are case sensitive, you can see that the files are not the
same.

% diff -b KAVERI_me.bin kaveri_me.bin
Binary files KAVERI_me.bin and kaveri_me.bin differ

I would expect to use either the KAVERI* or the kaveri* files as a set.