Re: Is there the system call to set all 3 time at once?

bsdairekiifai%posteo.de@localhost writes:

> I have been using UFS2 on NetBSD longer than UFS1 and will continue to
> do so for the next 10 years. Unless UFS3 is released in that time, if
> not, I will use UFS2 even longer. Therefore, as in the description, a
> system call should be added that allows to set all 3 times at once.

Strictly speaking, the former does not imply the latter.

Note that the man pages you reference explain how to implement what
you're after.  If you need it, write a function, or define a macro.

As for the actual wording in the man pages, there are differing opinions
on what is "ideal", and, for my part, I think there are too many system
calls as it is.  :)

-tih
--
Most people who graduate with CS degrees don't understand the significance
of Lisp.  Lisp is the most important idea in computer science.  --Alan Kay