Re: getconf(1) / sysconf(3) - add additional variables?

On Fri, Jul 02, 2021 at 04:54:23PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
Still doesn't make sense to me - it is a compile time constant, I see
no way to get different results from the kernel.

Ah, gotcha - sorry, misunderstand your earlier comment slightly. Indeed,
it's a compile time constant.

The compilers provide proper __LONG_WIDTH (and similar) definitions
already, no point hardwiring them to anything else.

Yeah, the OpenBSD limits.h (and getconf(1)) has diverged a bit from NetBSD
over the years.

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj%mjturner.net@localhost * http://mjturner.net/