Re: Introduction to posix_spawn/chdir

On Jun 27, 2021, at 12:20 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 26, 2021 at 03:02:35PM -0700, Chris Hanson wrote:
>> That's great, I'm more curious about the implementation plan.
>
> I would understand this question if we were talking about implementing
> posix_spawn from scratch, but we have that since 6.0 and the "plan" is
> to enhance the exisiting implementation by the minor additions in the
> upcoming posix changes. It is a straight forward change.
>
> So I probably still don't quite understand your question.

What are the straightforward changes needed to implement this minor addition? That’s all I’m wondering.

Let’s say I wanted to add something like xnu’s posix_spawn_file_attr_addinherit_np(). I’d hope that the plan for chdir would provide some guidance that would at least help someone get started.

  — Chris