Re: Introduction to posix_spawn/chdir

In article <CALigkZTssXU6eTyvx9E=g8DmtBfNh17knKEKwgsBKa3AcVgWXA%mail.gmail.com@localhost>,
Piyush Sachdeva  <piyushsachdeva245%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 1:10 AM Piyush Sachdeva
><piyushsachdeva245%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> To whomever it may concern,
>> Hi, I am Piyush Sachdeva.
>> I am doing an "unofficial GSoC Project" to enhance the posix_spawn()
>system call.
>> Check out my blogpost for more details.
>>
>> I will ask questions here and report my progress during this project.
>

>Progress Update 1 (Week 2)-
>Contrary to the timeline provided, I started working within the user-land.
>(src/lib/libc/gen/posix_spawn_fileactions.c, src/include/spawn.h,
>src/sys/sys/spawn.h
>The modifications made to the files can be found at:
>https://github.com/cosmologistPiyush/posix_spawn-chdir
>

>As most of the work in the user-land is done,
>it is my goal to work in the kernel-space for the next three weeks.

Good progress. It is probably better to mimick the original NetBSD tree
structure in userland and commit your changes on top of a baseline that
comes unmodified from NetBSD so that you can produce a diff that directly
applies to the NetBSD tree. You also need to write unit-tests for userland :-)

Best,

christos