Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 01:22:49PM -0700, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> I don't see how.  I don't see any evidence for that happening.
>
> So, show me how entropy is being collected in my system:
>
> 16:18 [1.793] # uptime
>  4:19PM  up 22 days, 16:04, 2 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> 16:19 [1.794] # sysctl kern.entropy
> kern.entropy.collection = 1
> kern.entropy.depletion = 0
> kern.entropy.consolidate = -23552
> kern.entropy.gather = -23552
> kern.entropy.needed = 256
> kern.entropy.pending = 0
> kern.entropy.epoch = 24
> 16:19 [1.795] # rndctl -l
> Source                 Bits Type      Flags
> ipmi0-Temp                0 env  estimate, collect, v, t, dv, dt

You should update your rndctl to get my recent changes:

$ priv rndctl -l
Source       Estimated bits    Samples Type   Flags
cgd0                      0    4458546 disk   collect, v, t
/dev/random               0          0 ???    collect, v
ld0                       0        118 disk   collect, v, t
wd0                       0    6160391 disk   collect, v, t
acpibat1-discha           0       5908 power  collect, v, t
acpibat1-charge           0       4212 power  collect, v, t
acpibat0-discha           0       1140 power  collect, v, t
acpibat0-charge           0       1698 power  collect, v, t
[...]
seed                    256          2 ???    estimate, collect, v
rdrand/rdseed           512          1 rng    estimate, collect, v