Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

At Mon, 5 Apr 2021 10:46:19 +0200, Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: regarding the changes to kernel entropy gathering

> If I understood it properly, there's no need for such a knob.
> echo 0123456789abcdef0123456789abcdef > /dev/random
>
> will get you back to the state we had in netbsd-9, with (pseudo-)randomness
> collected from devices.

Well, no, not quite so much randomness.  Definitely pseudo though!

My patch on the other hand can at least inject some real randomness into
the entropy pool, even if it is observable or influenceable by nefarious
dudes who might be hiding out in my garage.

Kelowna, BC     +1 250 762-7675           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>