Re: ZFS: time to drop Big Scary Warning

"J. Hannken-Illjes" <hannken%eis.cs.tu-bs.de@localhost> writes:

>> On 19. Mar 2021, at 21:18, Michael <macallan%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 15:57:18 -0400
>> Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:
>>
>>> Even in current, zfs has a Big Scary Warning.  Lots of people are using
>>> it and it seems quite solid, especially by -current standards.  So it
>>> feels times to drop the warning.
>>>
>>> I am not proposing dropping the warning in 9.
>>>
>>> Objections/comments?
>>
>> I've been using it on sparc64 without issues for a while now.
>> Does nfs sharing work these days? I dimly remember problems there.
>
> If you mean misc/55042: Panic when creating a directory on a NFS served ZFS
> it should be fixed in -current.

I have a box running current/amd64 from about March 4, with a zpool on a
disklabel partition, and a filesystem from that exported, mounted on a
9/amd64 box, and did the mkdir test and it was totally fine.   I was
able to have the maproot segfault happen, before the fix.  So yes, this
is fixed.

So summarizing:

  nobody has said there is any remaining serious issue

  many remember issues about NFS (true) but they all seem ok now

and I just looked over the open PRs and w.r.t. current don't see
anything serious.