Re: Issues with intelfb(4) and USB keyboards

On Tue, 22 Dec 2020, Brian Buhrow wrote:

hello.  My apologies for such a naive question, but what driver
should I use for the keyboard? The default, as created by X
-configure, is "kbd"

"kbd" is correct. There is no wskbd_drv.so in /usr/X11R7/lib/modules/drivers/
Actually, there should be no need to configure this. My /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
only has a intel.conf--which you already have.

In any case, the keyboard doesn't appear to work when X is running,
though it works fine, using a USB keyboard and the wskbd driver
when I'm using the console.

Odd. Is wscons=YES and wsmoused=NO in /etc/rc.conf?