Re: kern/49933 (makefs -t udf produces non mountable images)

reinoud%NetBSD.org@localhost (Reinoud Zandijk) writes:

>On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 08:05:12AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
>> rump does this via environment variables. E.g.:
>> env RUMP_BLKSECTSHIFT=11 mount -o rump -t udf -r /tmp/udf.iso /mnt

>That's not really intuitive, let alone documented.

Sure. I looked through the source to find out how difficult sector
size support would be and saw that it already existed.

>The option -oT has side effects! If you specify -oT=cdrom or any other format
>with -oT this will override and set format specific flags. It will at a
>minimum override the specified sector size and set it to 2K, though without
>warning.

Not that intuitive either :)

Conflicting options should better generate a warning, or even an error.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost