Re: kern/49933 (makefs -t udf produces non mountable images)

On Thu, Nov 05, 2020 at 08:05:12AM -0000, Michael van Elst wrote:
> martin%duskware.de@localhost (Martin Husemann) writes:
> >We could create a new PR about rump devices and sector size, if wanted.
>
> rump does this via environment variables. E.g.:
>
> env RUMP_BLKSECTSHIFT=11 mount -o rump -t udf -r /tmp/udf.iso /mnt

That's not really intuitive, let alone documented.

> On the other hand, makefs apparently doesn't support the -S option
> to create UDF images for non-2k sector sizes.

But it does!

makefs -t udf -S 1024 -oL="Logvolname" -ov=0x201 somefile.1k /some/dir

creates a mountable disc with 1k sector size. Note that all multiples of 512
bytes are allowed in the spec.

The option -oT has side effects! If you specify -oT=cdrom or any other format
with -oT this will override and set format specific flags. It will at a
minimum override the specified sector size and set it to 2K, though without
warning.

Specifying -oTcdr will create a *writable* CD-R medium and set the maximum
size of the FS in the image to standard CD-R media. Specifying -oTcdrw will
create a *writable* CD-RW medium with standard max size but will create a full
sized image too.

Reinoud