Re: autoloading compat43 on tty ioctls

christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) writes:

> Aside for the TIOCGSID bug which I am about to fix (it is in tty_43.c
> and is used in libc tcgetsid(), all the compat tty ioctls are defined
> in /usr/src/sys/sys/ioctl_compat.h... We can empty that file and try
> to build the tree :-), but I am guessing things will break. Also a lot
> of pkgsrc will break too. It is not 4.3 applications that break it is
> applications that still use the 4.3 terminal api's.

If the API is still present in our source tree, then the implementation
probably does not belong under COMPAT_43.  As I see it COMPAT_43 is to
match an old ABI that one can no longer (on modern NetBSD) compile to.
What you are describing sounds like "we have an API still, and we've had
it since 4.3", which is not in my view COMPAT.