Re: makesyscalls (moving forward)

In article <20200615120806.GB1299%diablo.13thmonkey.org@localhost>,
Reinoud Zandijk  <reinoud%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
>Small addendum,
>
>On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 01:44:19PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
>> What about not installing it at all? Its only going to be used during
>> definition updates or fixes. Compare it to the pcidevs.h and pcidevs_data.h
>> creation only this time it creates the relevant kernel/rump/fuzzer files. The
>> program can optionally be compiled and linked in /tmp and then called from
>> there to create all the variants using the templates or just be created in
>> place and cleaned up later.  No need to install it in base. The resulting
>> files can then be committed as `regen' just like the pcidevs variants.
>
>LLVM code and its fuzzing tools should be in tree anyway so it can be created
>there on the fly too if requested.

How about strace, or any other program that wants access to the system call
table information? Everything in the tree?

We have an opportunity here to do this better than we have been.
But we are trying to answer "how" first, not "why". Let's set up
some goals and some properties that the new system call description
table should have. What kinds of output should we be able to generate?

christos