Re: Another option issue [was Re: Rump makes the kernel problematically brittle]

>> Of course, it's entirely possible nobody remembers enough from far
>> enough back
> I don't remember much from as far back as yesterday,

:-)

> but what failed was the XEN Dom0 kernel build (well, the "make
> depend" for that).  You say you added things to
> sys/arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c which makes me wonder if (back then)
> something needed to be added in a similar place in
> sys/arch/xen/somewhere

Possibly.

Following up on some off-list email, I've discovered that files.amd64,
where I added the defparam line, is inside "ifdef xen"..."endif".  This
seems to reinforce what you just said.

HOWEVER....so is the defparam line for opt_realmem.h, another of the .h
files included in that block of unconditional #include lines in
amd64/machdep.c.  And, spot-checking a third include file, there's
opt_cpureset_delay.h among the #includes, and the only files in all of
/usr/src that include the string "cpureset_delay" are
sys/arch/amd64/amd64/machdep.c and sys/arch/i386/i386/machdep.c, so I
have no idea what makes config generate opt_cpureset_delay.h.

I clearly need to dig deeper.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign