Re: CVS commit: src/sys/kern

martin%duskware.de@localhost (Martin Husemann) writes:

>> 	config          netbsd          root on "wedge:Guru-Root" type ffs
>> for ages (in the netbsd-7 branch even).

>Oh, *B*ootdev vs. *R*ootdev - I see.
>Not sure why bootdev is important, however we should use the same syntax!

bootdev already acts as a default for rootdev. There is no difference.
There should be no difference. The wedge:* syntax worked for ages.

This change either should allow wedge names (ignorant of the wedge:* syntax)
or align the naming with the NAME=* syntax. But like many other ad-hoc
changes it is done wrong.

A real solution would just support the NAME=* syntax in getwedgename().
It might also allow for a case-insensitive match like userland. Then
it would just work for config, for boot parameters and for interactive
entries.

You may also want to think of augmenting dkwedge_print_wnames() to list
the wedges in NAME= syntax and the documentation that currently only
refers to wedge:*, in particular for config files.

Or we may just accept that boot/config syntax is different from userland.

Greetings,
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost