Re: semaphores options

At Mon, 08 Apr 2019 20:37:39 -0700, "Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.com@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: semaphores options

> RCS file: /cvs/master/m-NetBSD/main/src/sys/conf/param.c,v
> ----------------------------
> revision 1.65
> date: 2015-05-12 19:06:25 -0700;  author: pgoyette;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -2;  commitid: G8nWAd1qbrsX8ely;
> Create a new sysv_ipc module to contain the SYSVSHM, SYSVSEM, and
> SYSVMSG options.  Move associated variables out of param.c and into
> the module's source file.
>
> This commit adds a great big ugly "#if XXX_PRG" around all the related
> SysV IPC settings in sys/conf/param.c, i.e. it entirely removes all
> support for "options SEMMNI=NNN" and related.

Note also this change only appears in NetBSD-8.0 in terms of releases.

The netbsd-7 branch and all its releases preserve the original behaviour
where these "options" worked -- or at least that's what I understand
from CVS.  I haven't tested this -- my only currently running 7.x kernel
didn't have my custom config edits.

+1 250 762-7675                           RoboHack <woods%robohack.ca@localhost>