Re: Adding new feature - Kcov

On 04.01.2019 19:56, Maxime Villard wrote:

> Interrupt != exception. When a page fault comes in, there's no flag that is
> set in proc/lwp/curcpu, so you can't know if you are in an exception
> context;
> ci_idepth is unrelated.
>
> Of course we could add such a flag under #ifdef KCOV and then check for
> this
> flag in __sanitizer_cov_trace_pc.
>
> But before that, it would be good to make sure that the extra output is
> indeed noise (and not something the fuzzer expects). Because a lof of
> things
> we do in exception context may contain bugs, and we want to fuzz all of
> that.
>
> Maybe check what Linux does?

Linux does not print "side effect" routines from virtual memory layer.

If there are no longer any concerns, please import it into src/ and
remove kcov(4) entry from src/doc/TODO.sanitizers.

In future once we will get GCC 8+ we will be able to add additional
modes of execution. Clang already supports more, but short term we can
delay it.