Re: Support for tv_sec=-1 (one second before the epoch) timestamps?

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 02:37:06AM +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> In real life it's often needed to store time_t pointing before the UNIX
> epoch.

Again, I quite disagree and believe that you are confusing two different
things. It makes perfect sense in certain applications to store time as
relative to the UNIX epoch. But that's not the same as time_t which is a
specific type for a *system* interface. I'm strongly question the
sensibility of trying to put dates before 1970 in the context of time_t.

Joerg