Re: How to prevent a mutex being _enter()ed from being _destroy()ed?

>>   | Ancient BSD tradition is not to explain these things :-(
>> Older than that.   Don't you remember
>> 	you are not expected to understand this
>> (or wording very similar) in ancient 4th/5th edition unix.
> The explanation for that comment I've read somewhere was that it
> really meant "it will not be in the exam" (which is a wonderful story
> even if it's not true :).

I've seen a similar explanation.  I am inclined to believe it.

However, whether it means "nyah nyah, I'm not telling you this" or
"don't worry, this won't be on the exam" (or whatever else), it still
is part of a tradition of not explaining things.

Actually, as I recall, the (rest of the) comment _did_ explain it, but
only briefly, and in a way that would be incomprehensible to those who
only partially understood the underlying mechanisms, so perhaps it
doesn't entirely count.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign