Re: Removing bitrotted sys/dev/pci/n8 (NetOctave NSP2000)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 06:56:53PM +0000, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The code in sys/dev/pci/n8 has bitrotted - it still makes references to
> LKM_ system things, so it is unlikely it builds.
> This has been the case since netbsd-6.

I still have the hardware, but I seriously doubt anyone's using it.  We
imported this driver mostly as a testbed for hardware crypto improvements
(it was not really performance-competitive any more even at the time; but
we had a good relationship with the IC designer and extensive documentation
on their SDK and OpenSSL modifications).

The hardware is no longer made and was, as far as I know, used under NetBSD
only within the engineering organization at Coyote Point, which doesn't
exist any more.

I think the clock's up on this one; take it out please.

Thor