Re: Kernel module framework status?

On May 3, 10:54pm, Mouse wrote:
}
} >      There is also the idea of having a module specify the device(s)
} > it handles by vendor:product
}
} Isn't that rather restrictive in what buses it permits supporting?

     I suppose that other types of identifiers could be used.

} Indeed, PCI (and close relatives, like PCIe) and USB are the only
} things I can name offhand that even _have_ vendor:product.  (Of course,
} I'm sure there are lots of buses out there I've never heard of, or
} don't know enough about.)

     Only buses where the devices are identified would work.  For
buses like ISA where you have to probe the devices, it would not
be workable.

}-- End of excerpt from Mouse