Re: Kernel module framework status?

>      There is also the idea of having a module specify the device(s)
> it handles by vendor:product

Isn't that rather restrictive in what buses it permits supporting?

Indeed, PCI (and close relatives, like PCIe) and USB are the only
things I can name offhand that even _have_ vendor:product.  (Of course,
I'm sure there are lots of buses out there I've never heard of, or
don't know enough about.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign