Re: setting DDB_COMMANDONENTER="bt" by default

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 01:19:31AM +0000, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

> > On 15 Feb 2018, at 01:09, Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:
> >
> > Sounds like a good case for a custom kernel.  Not sure that such a
> > specific situation would warrant turning this on for everyone...
>
> We do have this set by default on some config files albeit with differing commands to run e.g xen kernels.

The problem with setting it by default is that the important information
(the panic message, or the function where the fault happended) may
be scrolled out of the screen by the stack trace. So I wouldn't
recommenend activating it by default.
the Xen kernels are a special case, becasue the console output
happens in an environnement where it's easy to scroll back.