Re: increase softint_bytes

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 10:25:54PM +0100, Jarom??r Dole??ek wrote:

> If I count correctly, with current 8192 bytes the system supports some 100
> softints, which seems to be on quite low side - more advanced hardware and
> drivers usually use queue and softint per cpu, so it can quickly run out on
> system with e.g. 32 cores.

Indeed, the same driver (ixg) used to routinely run my FreeBSD systems
out of their equivalent to a softint -- 2 dual-port cards, 8-core CPU, and
*wham*.  I believe this was adjusted over there so that they allocate
based on the number of cores with a cap set by total RAM.  And a higher
default.

Thor