Re: increase softint_bytes

On Fri, Nov 17, 2017 at 03:43:57PM +0900, Masanobu SAITOH wrote:
>  Each driver which call softint_establish() keep the return value, so
> it's very hard without big modification.

We could make the "void *cookie" returned by softint_establish(9) an
index (internally) instead (w/o changing ABI or API), so the value
would stay valid on reallocations of the array.

The realllocation could be handled lazy per cpu (that is: note the new
target size globaly, have the local cpu handle the reallocation at
next time a softint is established/disesatablished/scheduled).

But maybe I'm overlooking something.

Martin