Re: Anomalies while handling p_nstopchild count

Paul Goyette <paul%vps1.whooppee.com@localhost> writes:

> Looks like not much has happened here, and all four patches apply
> cleanly to
>
> 	netbsd-7
> 	netbsd-6
> 	netbsd-6-0
> 	netbsd-6-1
>
> IMHO, pull-up to netbsd-6 makes sense, but I'm not sure if we would want
> to change things on the 6.0 or 6.1 release branches?

My understanding of releng policy is that 6-0 and 6-1 get bugfixes but
not features.   So it does seem like these fixes should go to 6-0 and 6-1.

> Now that 7.0 has been released, we should soon be moving netbsd-5 to
> End- Of-Life status with no further updates.  So it's probably best to
> ignore the netbsd-5, -5-0, -5-1, and -5-2 branches.  Unless, of
> course, RelEng is planning additional official release(s) from these
> branches before EOL.  :)

If it applies easily, and releng hasn't pulled the plug on 5, I think it
makes sense to put the fix there.  It's easier to update along a stable
branch than to jump branches.  Of course, at some point it's too much
work for no gain to keep the old branch alive.