Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/common/bootimage

christos@ wrote:

> On Mar 13,  3:30am, tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost (Izumi Tsutsui) wrote:
> -- Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/common/bootimage
>
> | christos@ wrote:
> |
> | > Why are they broken? The INSTALL kernel has ptyfs now? This is the
> | > wrong fix in the long run...
> |
> | BTW no one takes PR install/47774 (and the following thread) even after 6.0.
> | http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes-d/2012/09/thread1.html#005236
>
> Well, do we have a consensus on how do we want to do this?

No particular comment implies no consensus?

> 1. make mount_ptyfs mandatory and run it via mi code (where?)
> 2. mount ptyfs in sysinst using c code, and remove all the MD hacks.

3. fallback to mount ptyfs via direct mount(2) in sysinst only when
   openpty(3) fails, so that poor Tier II ports still use old way
   without file-system PTYFS and we don't have to touch a number of
   crunch lists to add mount_ptyfs(8). That's what my PR/47774 intended.

---
Izumi Tsutsui