Re: status of Linux ptrace on amd64?

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Should not be that hard, but what is that tool reading from PEEKUSER?
> Registers?

In both cases it reads from user_regs_struct, if I understand everything
correctly. But it's the first step, the tool would definitely try other
things if PEEKUSER didn't fail. In fact, I'm not sure that thing would
work at all because it's a dynamic instrumentation tool called Pin. It
updates code on the fly.

I've got one more question. Is it possible for Linux emulated binary
to control NetBSD native binary with ptrace? I see that it can attach,
pokedata and continue but would it be able to do more advanced things
correctly?

Alex