Re: Proposal: kmem_valloc [was: Re: raspberry pi panic 7.0_BETA after install fs resize]

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 11:59:11AM +0100, Maxime Villard wrote:

> Help debugging? Tagging allocations?
>
> Look at sys/sys/malloc.h:
>
> 	#define	malloc(size, type, flags)	kern_malloc(size, flags)
>
> The tag is not even compiled in. Thus it can hardly help debugging
> anything.
>
> You understand why I say that malloc is dead.

You understand that this is about APIs, not what was done to one of them
because a feature was considered useless then, but the people were too
lazy to clean up the code.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost