Re: HDMI transmitter attachement

On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Actually I'd like to see my work reusable for other boards ...

Doesn't mean that it's not reusable, just that other boards device_register have to specify the tranceiver type.

Capes have their own EEPROM I think for detecting them.

Not all of them (I have one which did came with an empty prom).
And when I proposed to use the a device tree to drive the kernel's autoconf
(among other things to be able to reuse the beablebone's eprom contents)
it was rejected ...

Device tree would be great! Or at least fixing uboot to pass uenv variables.