Re: HDMI transmitter attachement

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 10:35:43AM -0300, Jared McNeill wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2014, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>
> >How do you say which driver you want in the kernel config file then ?
>
> In my case I have vendor / product IDs to help determine the board type.

that's what I don't have here. As it's 2 different and independant chips,
you can have various mixes.

> Interesting problem though -- and I missed the part where you were using an
> external i2c controller the first time through. I'm working on a similar
> driver for the Cubieboard2 at the moment but the i2c controller is part of
> the HDMI module, so I can simply use dev/i2c/ddc.c from there.

I hope to use the existing ddc too, of course :)
The framebuffer driver can export an I2C bus, which just redirects to the
right controller.

> Do you plan on running the HDMI output and framebuffer at the same
> resolution?

For now that's my plan, yes. Unless wsdisplay makes it really too hard :)