Re: [patch] changing lua_Number to int64_t

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Marc Balmer <marc%msys.ch@localhost> wrote:
> Am 17.11.13 04:36, schrieb Lourival Vieira Neto:
>> On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM, Christos Zoulas
>> <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:
>>> On Nov 16,  9:30pm, lourival.neto%gmail.com@localhost (Lourival Vieira
>>> Neto) wrote:
>>> -- Subject: Re: [patch] changing lua_Number to int64_t

>>> Bigger is better. And you can use %jd to print which is a big win.
>>
>> I agree that bigger is better and %jd is much better then "%" PRI/SCN.
>> But don't you think that to know the exact width is even better?
>
> You can always use sizeof if the need to know the size arises.

I mean know it as a script programmer. I think that would be helpful
to know the exact  lua_Number width when you are writing a script.
AFAIK, you don't have sizeof functionality from Lua. So, IMHO,
lua_Number width should be fixed and documented.

Regards,
--
Lourival Vieira Neto