Re: revert broken O_SEARCH

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 08:49:06AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> Nope, don't have that kind of setup and atf is way too invasive to
> allow just building the test programs somewhere else.

ATF is available from pkgsrc and straight forward to install, so I tried
on FreeBSD 9, but they do not have O_SEARCH:

BUGS
     The Open Group Extended API Set 2 specification requires that the test
     for whether fd is searchable is based on whether fd is open for search-
     ing, not whether the underlying directory currently permits searches.
     The present implementation of the openat checks the current permissions
     of directory instead.

This narrows it down to Solaris or Linux. Anyone?

Martin