Re: cprng sysctl: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 06:53:45PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:

> FWIW, I agree with the notion that defaults should be at a path that is
> ~always in root; it's normal to have /var in a separate fileystem (at
> least for old-school UNIX types; I realize the kids these days think
> there should be one whole-disk fs as /).

I always try to separate the OS files from my files, mainly so that
I can reinstall the OS (often into a different root filesystem)
and still have access to the other filesystems.
As well as /home, I also put and big source trees in their own fs.
(So I'd never have /usr/src ...)

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost