Re: cprng sysctl: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.

On Nov 10,  6:33am, Robert Elz wrote:
} Subject: Re: cprng sysctl: WARNING pseudorandom rekeying.
}     Date:        Fri, 9 Nov 2012 17:49:16 -0500
}     From:        Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
}     Message-ID:  <20121109224916.GB29097%panix.com@localhost>
}
}   | Ah, right!  You need to edit rc.conf and boot.cfg to reflect this.  Some
}   | systems put the entropy file in /etc for this reason.
}
} I installed a new system and modified it that way, and did a few reboots
} of it, and that makes (at least) the boot time message go away (this system
} never ran long enough to get to the next one, and isn't doing any work
} that I'd assume would cause it to consume bits).
}
} However, I really don't think it is a good idea for the default location
} for this file to be on a filesystem that is often not mounted at boot
} time - so much so that sysinst actually even offers to create /var
} as one of the (very few) possible mount points it has knowledge of
} (just /, of course, /usr /var /tmp and /home)
}
} I would suggest moving the default someplace else, somwehere that will
} always be on the root filesys.   (Even that isn't necessarily enough,
} my work system, which is nowhere near -current so doesn't have this
} issue, it boots from a filesystem that never even normally gets mounted,
} its root is an autoconfig'd raid - there's no way for the running system
} to write a file that will be visible to the boot code).

        Hello.  Actually, as I think about it, the situation where the boot
filesystem is different from the root filesystem isn't all that uncommon at
all.  Any machine that uses a raid5 set as the root filesystem, is, by
definition, not booting from the same filesystem as the root filesystem.
What should be done in that case?
-Brian