Re: PUFFS performance on netbsd-6

YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt%mwd.biglobe.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:

> if your filesystem is not using namecache and the application is using
> full paths to look up files, the trace looks normal.
> otherwise, it looks weird.

I only have PUFFS_KFLAG_NOCACHE_NAME set when calling puffs_init

On netbsd-5, the kernel never looked up a node twice without reclaiming
in between. You could have either this behavior (I ommit lookup and
reclaim on x/y and x/z for the sake of clarity):
LOOKUP x
GETATTR x/y
RECLAIM x
LOOKUP x
GETATTR x/z
RECLAIM x

Or that one:
LOOKUP x
GETATTR x/y
GETATTR x/z
RECLAIM x

But never this new behavior I observe on netbsd-6:
LOOKUP x
GETATTR x/y
LOOKUP x
GETATTR x/z