netbsd-6/amd64 and TLS

Hello,

I stumbled upon something interesting tonight when testing a new
unstable ECL (Embeddable Common Lisp).  When built with TLS support
(--with-__threads=yes), a noticeable slowdown can be experienced
compared to with --with-_threads=no.  For now, I'm not sure yet if it
has to do with a bug in ECL or in NetBSD, though, I should check the
TLS/non-TLS code paths whenever I have more time.

But I wanted to meanwhile share this, in case someone else also noticed
something similar, or has a clue as to why this happens.

The system was built using DBG='-g -O2'.

Thanks,
--
Matt