Re: disklabel on RAID disappeared

At 20:04 Uhr +0100 2.3.2012, Edgar Fuß wrote:
>He did scsictl stop sd2, scsictl detach scsibus1 0 0, replaced sd2,
>scsictl scan scsibus1 0 0. Something strange must have happened and sd2
>was async.

Yes, playing with a scsi bus can do that. I guess there is nothing short of
a reboot (or detaching all devices, or re-setting the bus, which amounts to
the same) to get all devices' capabilities properly probed and recognised.

Good luck,
        hauke

(who has just lived through two weeks of battle with an amr(4) raid)