Re: VT6410 IDE and WDC_NO_IDS

On Tue, 27 Dec 2011 13:26:23 +1100
matthew green <mrg%eterna.com.au@localhost> wrote:

> > Now I would like to turn this option into a device property, so it
> > can be enabled on demand.
>
> this sounds like a good idea to me.  in general, we're wanting
> to move away from compile-time to run-time decisions like this.

We should probably consider to add a new flag for atac_cap in atac_softc
instead of defining WDC_NO_IDS. This flag could then either be set
depending on the controller type or requested by a device property.

But, for my specific problem I have refrained from doing this modification
now, because I found a better solution: on the MPC8241 I can configure
the VT6410 PCI interrupt as edge-triggered. That cures the problem
completely.

It needs to be checked if other architectures have the same problem with
the VT6410.

--
Frank Wille