Re: puffs & netbsd-5 (was VOP_GETATTR: locking protocol change proposal)

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 08:45:52 +0000
Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 03:26:35AM -0500, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> > I seem to remember you previously writing about using puffs/rump on
> > netbsd-5, is that still on netbsd-5?
>
> I use PUFFS on netbsd-5, and fixed a few bugs in it, so you defintively
> need latest netbsd-5 to avoid bugs. I nevver used rump, and indeed Pooka
> told me that it was not production-ready on netbsd-5.

My systems are fairly recent; what I'll do then is update again and use
psshfs some more, so that I can file a PR when I again get the busy
looping issue.

My two older PRs related to rump/puffs on NetBSD-5 were kern/43589 and
kern/43590, which were unrelated problems.

Thanks,
--
Matt