Re: aio rework

Alexander Nasonov <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
> One possible solution is using separate threads for reading and writing.
> It's a bit of work but it looks quite straitforward and I can do it at
> my spare time.
>
> Even with two threads, aio implementation is not optimal but I don't
> have enough knowledge about NetBSD internals to make a better
> implemention.

AIO was implemented in such way as a first step and easier objective
to achieve.  FreeBSD and, initially, Linux also used a single kernel
thread I believe.

The right way to go is fully asynchronous implementation, which means
modifying the underlying subsystems.  Otherwise, not worth the hassle.

--
Mindaugas